Proact IT Sweden AB – Legal Counsel
Location: Kista, Stockholm
Basis: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Multinational listed technology services company seeks a qualified commercial lawyer to join its small legal team. Based in Kista, Stockholm and reporting to the Group General Counsel in the UK, the successful candidate will have primary responsibility for legal support to the Nordic operations, working closely with the sales, procurement and finance teams, providing legal advice on a reactive and strategic basis.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements with customers and suppliers;
- Maintaining records of contractual obligations and risks;
- Training and advice to re-enforce contract awareness and contract governance within the Group;
- Supporting the Group’s innovation process and development of new products in an appropriate legal framework;
- Proactive advice in relation to legal and regulatory risk, e.g. around data protection; international sanctions and export rules, competition law and listing rules, international bribery and corruption laws;
- Specifying and drafting of corporate governance policies and processes;
- Briefing of management and delivering legal training;
- Auditing and monitoring compliance with internal governance policies;
- Advising stakeholders within the Group on various aspects of business law in a succinct and context appropriate manner and provide clarification of legal language or specifications;
- Instruction and management of external lawyers within budgets;
- Involvement with the Group’s insurance arrangements;
- Research and identifying areas of legal and commercial risk and collaborating to devise mitigation strategies;
- Responsibility for operation of legal controls forming part of the Group’s quality management systems (ISO:9001, ISO:27001, etc).
In addition to the key responsibilities, the successful candidate may be involved in providing advice in other legal areas (e.g. corporate, M&A, employment, IP, property law) on an ad-hoc basis. Experience is not required in all areas.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified lawyer licensed to practice in Sweden
- have commercial contracts or IT law experience earned at a reputable commercial firm or in-house in a similar environment;
- be fluent in verbal and written English;
- have a pragmatic, commercial approach;
- be self-motivated and self-sufficient with good time management;
- able to work under pressure, to SLA;
- have experience of dealing with complex matters with multiple stakeholders;
- demonstrate strong professional ethics and integrity;
- be analytical and attentive to detail;
Previous in-house experience, work in multiple jurisdictions or additional languages are desirable but not required.
Some international travel will be required by the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, both in English, to email@example.com